Wednesday 4 September 2013

Morning Routines

After meeting Simon I met with Fergus who issued us with a series of daily jobs to do in the morning before the garden opens. To begin with I will be working alongside Ben, the North American Scholar also at Dixter for one year.

I am responsible for the spare plant stock stored in the frost free lean-to at Dixter farm, opposite my accommodation. I am then to meet up with Ben in the Exotic garden and initiate the daily sweep around all paths of the garden. As we travel from garden to garden we will dead head any obvious Dahlia or Cosmos to help keep the picture of the garden bright and tidy. We will also check the pot displays.

Dixter Farm lean-to

My beautiful pink trug in action down a misty long border.

One of the pot displays, this one located in the wall garden.

Checking Dahlia A La Mode for deadheading and found this little chap catching some rays, small copper I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment